The Between Two Worlds Student Workbook Basic Edition was specifically designed for students who often struggle with typical curriculum that is incorporated in most classroom settings; namely, students that have been assigned to Alternative Education (continuation schools, court schools, and correctional facility schools), or Remedial Students (students who are below or far below the academic level of the classroom), or ELD Students (students considered ELL [English Language Learners] or ESL [English as a Second Language] who are enrolled in classrooms designed to especially help students whose primary language is not English and who are first or second generation Americans). And, finally, for college preparatory students in Middle School and High School.
• Alignment with Common Core State Standards
• A Systematic Approach to Argumentation: Higher Order Thinking and Moral Reasoning
• A Systematic Approach to Literary Analysis
• A Systematic Approach to Writing Composition
Also included are corresponding ancillaries to each of the ten novels found in the foundational text Between Two Worlds: A Multicultural and Multilingual Anthology Third Edition.
• Lesson 1: Vocabulary Development
• Lesson 2: Reading Comprehension and Reading Analysis
• Lesson 3: Writing Prompts and Activities
Essay Composition includes all major essay types.
• Argument Essay
• Expository Essay
• Response to Literature Essay
• Biographical and Reflective Essay
• Business Letter
To truly implement the curriculum of the Between Two Worlds Student Workbook Basic Edition in the classroom, educators are encouraged to employ the Between Two Worlds Instructor Manual Basic Edition.