When you give a book as a holiday gift, you’re giving a lot more than a stack of bound pages, you’re giving inspiration and knowledge, laughter and tears. At the very least, you’re providing hours of entertainment; at most, you can influence a person’s goals and dreams. Now you can help book buyers tap into their inner Santa with iUniverse’s Gift Guide Advertising – Holiday Picks package.
This package offers you ad placement in two publications: the Los Angeles Times, a recipient of 43 Pulitzer Prize awards and one of the most widely distributed newspapers in the country, and BookPage, a monthly book selection guide that has been running for over 25 years.
The LA Times carries the Holiday Books Gift Guide section, a specially-themed Sunday insert that is published annually during the winter holidays and covers the best of each season or genre, from popular bestsellers to editor’s favorites—and everything in between. The newspaper’s circulation of over 965,000 subscribers equates to a readership of 2.5 million*, while the website’s annual page views amounts to 32.5 million.
BookPage, now running for over 25 years, has a tone that is upbeat and literary, focusing on best sellers as well as new discoveries. It is subscribed to by more than 4,500 public libraries and bookstores nationwide, each of whom gets at least 50 copies to distribute to their patrons free of charge.
These libraries and bookstores often use BookPage as a marketing tool to attract customers and readers each month. It is distributed monthly with two editions: the Books-A-Million edition, which is distributed to all Books-A-Million stores nationwide, and the standard edition, which is sent to the rest of its subscribers. Both editions are sent simultaneously and comprise a total circulation of 400,000 copies per month.
What you get:
- A single slot advertisement in the LA Times Holiday Books Special Edition (1 out of 10 slots)**
- A single slot advertisement in BookPage's standard edition (1 out of 10 slots)**
- A single slot advertisement in BookPage’s Books-A-Million edition (1 out of 10 slots)**
- Your book information with a link to buy listed on the Holiday Picks landing page
- Leaderboard and skyscraper banners promoting Holiday Picks will be displayed on the Books and Entertainment sections of the LA Times website for two weeks
- Your book information included in the Advance Title List, BookPage’s database of titles that are scheduled to appear in upcoming issues
iUniverse will also send you a copy of the LA Times Holiday Books Special Edition and both editions of BookPage in which your book ad appears.
More About | Gift Guide Advertising – Holiday Picks
The deadline to reserve your space in the next LA Times Holiday Books Special Edition is October 3.
*Ads are subject to the publication’s own content and image guidelines.