Please Note: Elite Interior Design is included in select publishing packages and cannot be purchased separately. This page is designed to give you more information about the service and why it’s important for your book.
With Elite Interior Design, you will hold a one-on-one consultation with an iUniverse book layout specialist who has special training in designing for your book’s genre. Using your ideas and input, your designer will create the interior page layout your book needs.
This interior will include chapter titles, headings, page numbers and other layout details that will allow for easy reading and ensure your book meets industry standards. The layout designer will also insert photos or graphics and conduct minimal manuscript cleanup.
Here’s how it works:
- Your iUniverse designer will conduct creative research on genre-specific book layout trends to determine which design will maximize your book's impact in the marketplace.
- Your designer will discuss concepts that reflect the feel of your book (such as fonts, chapter starts, title page design, etc.).
- Your designer will then create three mock-ups of the front matter, including the first few pages of the first chapter.
- Once you choose your favorite concept, we will confirm the details about the design elements.
- You will receive the first draft of the completed layout as a PDF and have one round of 50 free corrections.
- After your designer incorporates any changes, you’ll receive your final galley as a PDF (Please Note: Any changes requested after the initial round of free corrections will incur a fee)
During this process, the designer will change your manuscript’s margins to fit your chosen book size. We strongly recommend changing the margins yourself so you can see how the text will look in your book’s final dimensions. This will help you catch any formatting errors caused by text shifts or line breaks that might otherwise result in a delay in your book’s production. Read our FAQ about margins for more information.
To ensure that any images or other non-text elements you submit to us appear properly in your book, please follow these requirements:
- Submitted separately from your manuscript as a TIFF (.tif) file format
- CMYK colorspace
- 300-dpi resolution
- Written copyright permission from the creator (artist, photographer, etc.) to use the work in your book
Exception to the requirements: Sample graphics and other illustrations that will be used only as ideas or guidelines for the design team can be submitted in any format.
Read our FAQ about image submissions for more information.