How to Interview Like a Pro
Forty-Three Rules for Getting Your Next Job
About the Book
Getting a job is like parking. You have to be in the right place at the right time. In How to Interview Like a Pro, author Mary Greenwood provides strategies and practical tips about how to prepare for job hunting, how to interview, and how to seal the deal.
Greenwood, a longtime human resources director, provides insight into how get ready for an interview, how to answer those difficult questions, and how to negotiate salary. Her guide can also help you understand the laws of interviewing and the questions an employer cannot legally ask. How to Interview Like a Pro offers forty-three essential rules to give you the edge. Learn how to
• recognize that looking for a job is a full-time job;
• create a great cover letter for your resume;
• prepare and deliver a quality elevator speech that is essential for success;
• be nosy about the interview process—it can work in your favor;
• wear the right outfit, use the right handshake, and project the right demeanor; and
• ask good questions at the interview.
A blend of reference materials, case studies, state and federal resources, and checklists, How to Interview Like a Pro can give you the edge to get the job you want.
About the Author
Mary Greenwood has worked as a human resources director, with a search firm, and as an employment and labor attorney for more than twenty-five years. She is also the author of How to Negotiate Like a Pro, winner of nine book awards, and How to Mediate Like a Pro, winner of twelve book awards. Greenwood lives in Florida.