Wake Up, Sleeping Beauty
How to Live Happily Ever After—Starting Right Now!
About the Book
Are you waiting for the right man, the right job, the big break? And meanwhile, have you put all your other dreams and desires on hold? Jane Adams’ provocative book asks: How much longer are you willing to wait? And what if Prince Charming never arrives? Will you continue to let life’s possibilities pass you by because of outdated, inappropriate messages so deeply embedded in Sleeping Beauty’s psyche that you don’t even notice them? This book is for you if:
- You’re a single woman who’s afraid you’ll never get married.
- Your biological clock is ticking and you worry you’ll never have a baby.
- You’re saving Paris for your honeymoon and you’re not engaged yet.
- You believe a man will come along and save you from financial disaster.
- You think you’ve let your mother down.
In fascinating conversations with single women whose lives are rich with passion, intimacy and challenge, Adams rings a liberating wake-up bell for single women and offers practical, workable solutions that don’t depend on changing the world or changing other people. Because it’s not about finding a man—it’s about finding yourself. Right Now!
About the Author
Jane Adams is a social psychologist, journalist, and speaker who has been writing about women’s personal and professional lives and lifestyles for two decades in nine books, hundreds of magazines and newspapers, and on-line. A frequent media commentator, she lectures widely and consults on women’s growth and development.