Rise to Reason is an in-depth and undaunted examination of the contradictions, errors, and misunderstandings of which Christianity vastly consists.
The book speaks to many individuals:
• The believer who is beginning to doubt what Christianity tells her.
• The believer unsure how to proceed—"Do I dare break away?”
• The non-believer who desires a fuller understanding of the true nature of Christianity.
• The non-believer who would broaden her knowledge of the fallacies of Christianity and reconfirm her atheism, deepen her commitment to humanism, and lay to rest any remaining doubts.
• Anyone seeking knowledge of Christianity over the myths of Christianity—the truth regarding “miracles“ and the actual reason for the seeming continuity from book-to-book of the Bible.
Addressed are such topics as
• The fallacy of prayer.
• The logical paradox that renders impossible the purely human notion of God being “all-powerful,” and/or “all-knowing.”
• The origin of the concept of Satan.
• The fictional nature and origins of key Bible characters, such as Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.
• The role of midrash and pesher in biblical authorship, and how they came to be mistaken for prophecy and biblical book-to-book continuity.
• The Backlash effect/cognitive dissonance.
• What the Book of Revelation is actually saying, and why we needn’t fear its grim “prophecies.”
Sometimes shocking yet always informative, Rise to Reason is a factual, down-to-earth view through adult eyes of the concepts instilled in us as children—beliefs many have carried into adulthood having never questioned. There are no diatribes, no tirades—just a factual scrutiny of things as they really are; a thorough examination of Christianity from a science-based, rational point of view grounded in highly readable scholarship. This book has the potential to change lives.