Looking Forward is a short read with veins of gold, upbeat and written with humility. Most approaches to death planning are disease focused. Looking Forward applies to everyone in every situation.
- Zail S. Berry, MD, PMH, Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine Physician, Burlington, Vermont
You put into words what many of us struggle to know how to approach, and you do so in a way that is practical and comforting. I will share this with many people.
- Marilee J. Aronson, Licensed Clinical Psychiatrist, Washington, DC
I absolutely love the format and tone of Looking Forward. By leading with your curiosity and with the questions that you asked yourself, you offer a warm invitation for readers to engage with death and planning for it.
- Mike Young, Executive Director, Hope and A Home (retired), Washington, DC
That was a beautiful read. Your words open a lot of important conversations.
- Mark Gabel, UVM Health Center Hospice Volunteer, Colchester, Vermont.
Our Couples Group appreciated Being Mortal by Atul Gawande. Your book seems like a natural follow-up.
- Sally Dowling, Licensed Mental Health Counselor (retired), Gaithersburg, Maryland
Is there such a thing as dying well? Can we prepare for that? Here are stories about the author’s quest for answers and the “saints” who offered help along the way.