This comprehensive, easy-to-follow resource is a must-read for anyone with recent-onset or persistent facial paralysis due to injury of the seventh cranial nerve.
Written by a multidisciplinary team of facial nerve specialists with The Foundation for Facial Recovery, Fix My Face offers hope to patients struggling with facial palsy’s many complications and uncertain outcomes by presenting a roadmap for pursuing the best possible recovery. Readers will gain:
• a plan for managing symptoms
• exercises to minimize synkinesis and improve circulation, function, and symmetry
• an exploration of facial plastic surgery, including Botox® and facial reanimation procedures
Healthcare providers on the front lines of diagnosing patients will find Fix My Face thought-provoking and helpful. Calling on research-based evidence and their own clinical results with hundreds of patients, the authors make the case for rethinking how facial palsy is treated, including:
• A new approach to medications
• Early intervention rather than “wait and see”
• Coordinated treatment by physicians, facial plastic and oculoplastic surgeons, physical therapists, and other providers working together on behalf of the patient.