If you’re a member of the architectural and design community who still consider window coverings as an afterthought, then you need to learn more about the emerging field of engineered shading solutions.
Engineered shading solutions are sustainable systems for interior and exterior window coverings that engage the latest technologies to control heat, glare, and light.
Window coverings have evolved beyond mere decoration and have become a significant part of sustainable building systems.
In this expanded 2nd edition you will learn how:
• window coverings can be incorporated into building envelopes;
• exterior shades are integrated into The Passive House;
• engineered shading solutions can further sustainable design;
• building control systems operate interior and exterior shading;
• specifying appropriate fabrics improve shading performance.
Living or working in a building with too much solar heat gain, glare, or light can harm occupants, and engineers, architects, and designers cannot afford to make clients unhappy. Provide what they need and incorporate successful sustainable solutions with An Architect’s Guide to Engineered Shading Solutions 2nd edition.
NEIL PERRY GORDON is the founder of InSync Solar, a provider of products and educational content on engineered shading solutions. As a thirty-year veteran in the window covering industry, he works with select dealers in major markets to offer specialized services to architects, designers, and contractors.