A Core Curriculum for Nurse Life Care Planning helps registered nurse life care planners prepare to take the CNLCP credentialing exam and serves as a foundation for a successful nurse life care planning practice. This textbook is based on the nursing process of assessment, critical thinking, and nursing diagnoses, and it also covers applying nursing research, evidenced-based practice, case management skills, and legal nursing practices.
Written by practicing nurse life care planners and peer-reviewed by AANLCP member nurse life care planners, this core curriculum includes basic nurse life care planning knowledge on
• The history of nurse life care planning
• The use of critical thinking in the life care planning process
• How to critique a life care plan
• How to address spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, chronic pain, amputations, burns, cerebral palsy, and considerations with aging
• How to understand disability rights laws
• The legal aspects of nurse life care planning
• Litigation processes
Providing a foundation to encourage nurse life care planners to research and learn, A Core Curriculum for Nurse Life Care Planning offers a valuable resource for nurses practicing in this field.