Learn a simple, proven, step-by-step method for developing lean, eff ective, and motivational education and training from author Dr. John S. Hoff man, a thirty-year training veteran.
A practitioner’s guide geared toward the newcomer to professional instructional development, Instructional Development—Step by Step presents an easy-to-understand process that includes these features:
• Detailed prescriptions on how to teach each of the seven types of information complete with numerous examples illustrating new concepts and techniques
• Instruction on how to analyze instructional objectives to determine all of the required enabling content
• Guidelines and tips for creating titles, laying out information, and designing presentations
• Simple principles and practical advice laid out in bulleted lists and tables that can be immediately applied to training projects
• Follow-up questions at the end of every chapter with answers to test understanding of key concepts
• A broad range of examples across subject areas gathered by assessing real-life situations
• Sidebars containing recommendations for further reading
• A bibliography and extensive index for locating specific information
Instructional Development—Step by Step and its companion volume, Instructional Design—Step by Step, provide a complete A-to-Z guide on how to design and develop instructional and educational materials—from short presentations to entire courses and curricula.