Instructional Development—Step by Step
Six Easy Steps for Developing Lean, Effective, and Motivational Instruction
About the Book
Learn a simple, proven, step-by-step method for developing lean, eff ective, and motivational education and training from author Dr. John S. Hoff man, a thirty-year training veteran.
A practitioner’s guide geared toward the newcomer to professional instructional development, Instructional Development—Step by Step presents an easy-to-understand process that includes these features:
• Detailed prescriptions on how to teach each of the seven types of information complete with numerous examples illustrating new concepts and techniques
• Instruction on how to analyze instructional objectives to determine all of the required enabling content
• Guidelines and tips for creating titles, laying out information, and designing presentations
• Simple principles and practical advice laid out in bulleted lists and tables that can be immediately applied to training projects
• Follow-up questions at the end of every chapter with answers to test understanding of key concepts
• A broad range of examples across subject areas gathered by assessing real-life situations
• Sidebars containing recommendations for further reading
• A bibliography and extensive index for locating specific information
Instructional Development—Step by Step and its companion volume, Instructional Design—Step by Step, provide a complete A-to-Z guide on how to design and develop instructional and educational materials—from short presentations to entire courses and curricula.
About the Author
John S. Hoffman, PhD, has more than thirty years of experience as an educator, trainer, and professional instructional designer; he has designed and created dozens of training courses covering a wide range of subjects and skills for numerous business, industry, and organizational clients. He holds a PhD in instructional design and a bachelor’s degree in psychology and currently lives in Utah.