Is there life after sixty-five? Does aging sound bleak and dreary? What are the bright spots and cheerful moments in the lives of the aged? Learn what old age is really like from those who have experienced it firsthand as Christian writers reflect on finding spiritual meaning in their golden years. In Golden Apples for Golden-Agers, Christian seniors reveal their experiences and feelings and how they cope with aging.
The insights and tips divulged in these ninety-eight devotionals will help you discover how to
find stability in the midst of change;
- become useful and productive without gainful employment;
- recover joy and hope in the face of loss and disappointment;
- utilize the resources of Christian faith for personal development and spiritual growth in later life;
- capitalize on the joys unique to the golden years;
- face end-of-life issues with courage and confidence.
Each devotional includes a Bible passage, an inspirational reading, and a related song and prayer. Golden Apples for Golden-Agers provides a mix of wit, wisdom, and insight from those who share the journey of aging. It communicates that one is never too old to be coached by God toward more Christlike living.