Through fun, music, and action, Medical Spanish Mix and Match provides health care professionals with effective tools to communicate in Spanish with their patients. Relying on more than forty years of teaching experience, author Murnez Blades shares simple, direct methods to learn medical Spanish.
Using this program, you can learn to greet and part effectively, extract the information you need from your patients, and further develop your Spanish-speaking skills. This guide presents lessons to help you be courteous to your patients and to begin communicating immediately. It includes
- practice exercises and answers;
- bilingual tables for mix-and-match sentence building;
- a bilingual clinical history structured for yes/no responses;
- a bilingual intake exam;
- bilingual translations in word groups for further language acquisition; and
- conversations using first-responder questions.
Chapters also include information on communication, respect in Hispanic culture, and the nature of learning. Medical Spanish Mix and Match can help you find satisfaction in making effective contributions to the health care delivery system through communicating in the language of your patients.
“This book makes learning medical Spanish easy and fun. I can now communicate effectively with my patients.”
—Judy Hayes, RN