Global warming and climate are complex environmental issues with varying opinions as well as facts available from numerous sources. In Comprehending the Climate Crisis, author Dr. Bradley J. Dibble provides a broad yet comprehensive overview of the climate issues facing the world today.
Written for the layperson, Comprehending the Climate Crisis discusses the background science, the problem of global warming, and the solutions available to us all. Addressing a wide range of topics related to climate, it:
- • tells where carbon originated and how it found its way on Earth;
- • details how carbon became a part of the fossil fuels that are the backbone of the global economy;
- • describes the composition of the atmosphere before civilization’s influence began to alter it;
- • provides basic scientific concepts by way of examples;
- • discusses the mechanics of the combustion of fossil fuels and how dependence on them has led to significant changes in the atmosphere’s composition; and
- • addresses the solutions available to consider for individuals, families, societies, and governments.
With education as its focus, Comprehending the Climate Crisis arms the public with information to use as a stepping-stone to help save the planet from ourselves and for our future.