The position of nurse case managers can be a rewarding but challenging career, as these managers play a vital role in a patient’s care. In A Guide for Nurse Case Managers, author Charlotte Cox provides an insightful guide to this evolving field of medicine.
Geared for those working in hospital settings, clinics, and health plan offices, this helpful reference text provides guidelines, tips, and tools for becoming a successful nurse case manager. With more than thirty years of health care experience, Cox provides a detailed overview of this important nursing position that works to usher a patient through the health care system. A Guide for Nurse Case Managers
• defines the case manager role;
• provides an understanding of the basics of utilization and case management;
• gives an overview of Medicare and Medicaid procedures;
• discusses the care planning process;
• shows how to structure a community resource base.
Whether you are a new case manager, a student, or a seasoned nurse needing a refresher about job basics, A Guide for Nurse Case Managers will help to shape your practice, provide valuable tips and reference tools, and help you with proven organizational ideas to succeed in the career.