Becoming a National Board Certified Teacher is the highest achievement in the teaching profession. It also has to be one of the most rewarding.
While there are numerous guides to help NBPTS candidates prepare portfolios, candidates will find limited affordable published assistance which actually allows organization, and allows practice of what the process entails. “So, You Want to Become a National Board Certified Teacher: Wrokbook & Evidence Manual” was written to address just such a need.
“So, You Want to Become a National Board Certified Teacher: Workbook & Evidence Manual” is designed to be used alongside the author's national bestselling companion guide: “So, You Want to Become a National Board Certified Teacher?”. This workbook is designed to be used either individually, or in a group workshop setting, and contains numerous useable worktables containing the vital elements of NBPTS writing. The workbook is written in a casual, conversational manner, unlike other pedantic tomes which may only serve to confuse the busy candidate.
Using this workbook, the candidate will:
- dissect, analyze, and apply the NBPTS Core Propositions to their own classroom
- analyze and utilize the well-researched characteristics of Accomplished Teaching
- practice the three writing forms required for NBPTS portfolios
- annotate practice writing samples for accomplished writing features the NBPTS wants to see
- help structure effective lesson plans and Documented Accomplishment models based on NBPTS guidelines
- utilize practice tests to assess knowlege of entry requirements
Everything a candidate will need to be guided through the certification process is featured in this book.