Simple Secrets and Savvy Strategies for Acing the SAT!
Today's SAT is harder, longer, and more daunting than ever before, but students armed with the proven success strategies in this one-of-a-kind study program will have all the skills and confidence they need to ace it!
Renowned test prep expert Lisa Muehle explains every detail of the SAT, including what to expect and how the questions will look, ways to carefully manage time, and techniques to greatly enhance performance. She shows students how to reduce stress and minimize test anxiety, boost concentration and focus, and increase speed and accuracy.
This well-illustrated edition covers the Mathematics section of the SAT with chapters on essential topics such as arithmetic and basic math; algebra; coordinate geometry and graphs in a coordinate plane; plane and solid geometry; data charts; miscellaneous math topics; and classic word problems. This indispensable guide includes:
- A suggested study plan as test day approaches (both an eight-week and a four-week version)
- A detailed breakdown of the math scoring procedure for multiple-choice and grid-in response problems
- A straightforward explanation of the SAT "guessing penalty"
- Tools and hints for educated guessing and avoiding attractive but wrong answer choices
- A smart approach to grid-in problems
- Tips, pointers, and step-by-step key sequences for using a graphing calculator to solve advanced algebra problems
- "Success Strategy" sidebars with seasoned advice and practical equations
- Sample sets for practicing new and classic SAT math problems with thorough explanations of the solutions
Together with its companion guide, Strategies for Success on the SAT: Critical Reading and Writing Sections, this is the comprehensive program for mastering the SAT and gaining admission into the top universities.