Just one year after battling a little-known illness called Guillain Barre, Ann Brandt faced another challenge when her husband was diagnosed with a rare, debilitating, and aggressive form of brain cancer. Lacking in resources or formal instruction, Brandt relied heavily on her faith and memories of how her husband cared for her during her illness to navigate them both through the difficult times ahead.
In A Caregiver's Story, Brandt approaches the complexities of caregiving in a personal and empowering way that offers sound spiritual as well as practical advice to make caregiving more manageable. She includes invaluable, up-to-date information about:
- Working with doctors and getting a second opinion
- Choosing a treatment plan
- Maintaining your life and sanity while offering good care
- Finding support groups and conferences
- Dealing with emotional and financial issues
- Making a connection between prayer and healing
Brandt offers a loving, encouraging environment to help steer you through difficult times and delivers much-needed support and comfort. For caregivers, family members, and friends alike, A Caregiver's Story provides the support you deserve.