The Golden Rule of Leadership introduces a powerful new formula for success in business. Drawing extensively on his more than twenty-five years in various leadership positions, author Dick Aude builds a powerful case that leadership is an active choice that people make. He outlines the six steps that leaders must execute in order to succeed. And he offers important insights-as well as practical advice-for applying The Golden Rule of Leadership at every step in the process.
Through numerous case studies and examples Aude:
- Reveals how to build a compelling vision.
- Introduces a two-tier organization structure that is essential to the successful accomplishment of your mission.
- Outlines the four key challenges that prevent teams from succeeding, and tells how to overcome them.
- Identifies the eight key things geographically dispersed teams must do to succeed.
- Explains the five elements essential to building trust.
- Describes the seven prerequisites of any successful "change agenda."
- Outlines the four primary causes of dysfunctional cross-functional relationships, and introduces a simple 10-step formula for working effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Illustrates the four key principles underlying successful employee engagement, and describes three straightforward techniques for applying those principles.