This well-researched and thorough work presents Chinese Christianity in a way that will lead Christians and others to better understand their faith and China. The Love of God in China examines various aspects related to Christianity in this socialist country, including:
- the status of Chinese Christian churches
- the policy of Chinese government for state control of religion
- the attitudes of Chinese people towards Christianity
- theological perspectives in China
- the Chinese perception of religious principles
- successful efforts to cultivate Chinese Christianity
Author John Peale objectively presents the competing and conflicting positions of the diverse Chinese Christian groups. As he identifies the challenges faced by Christian individuals and churches in China, he not only suggests resolutions, but also proposes what Western Christians could learn from their Chinese family in the faith. Peale explores the ways Christianity can be submerged into Chinese culture.