Ancient Rituals for the Modern World
About the Book
Eternal Egypt: Ancient Rituals for the Modern World is the first comprehensive collection of important temple rituals performed throughout Egypt during the time of the pharaohs. The author presents seven key rites from official temple records and ancient esoteric texts for personal or group use.
This guidebook also:
- presents rituals in a form designed to assist initiates in restoring the ancient rites of Egypt;
- provides for modern usage, key ritual texts coming solely from authenticated ancient sources;
- contains easy to follow commentaries and background information on each ritual, including symbolism and mythology not previously available in one book;
- gives text with commentary for the “Opening of the Mouth” ceremony;
- offers practical information for conducting these rituals in today’s world.
Formerly only available to the scholar and professional Egyptologist, these ritual texts reveal the deeply spiritual understanding of humanity’s relationship to divinity that characterized the ancient Egyptian sense of the sacred.
This is a practical intermediate level text for those wishing to worship the great deities of ancient Egypt in as authentic a manner as possible, and by so doing tap into the great spiritual heritage that sustained Egyptian culture for over three thousand years.
About the Author
RICHARD J. REIDY earned a Master’s of Divinity degree in 1979. He is the founder of two temples in Northern California dedicated to researching, restoring, and enacting the authentic rituals of ancient Egypt. The author is a sought-after speaker on the Egyptian religious tradition and its legacy for modern times.