The hardcover book features a durable cloth binding, an embossed spine, and a full-color dust jacket. The additional space provided by the interior of the dust jacket allows us to print descriptive copy about your book and your author biography on the inside flaps, while the back cover may include, for example, excerpts of reviews or endorsements. Your hardcover edition will be assigned a unique ISBN.
Please note: The hardcover format requires a minimum of 108 pages in the final printed format.
*Books included in publishing packages will be shipped at standard shipping rates.
Hardcover Purchase Process:
- You can purchase the hardcover option for your book when purchasing your Premier or Select Publishing Package or you may purchase it later as an upgrade option. (The hardcover option is automatically included at no charge in the Bookstore Premier Pro or the Premier Pro purchasing process.)
- Please keep in mind that hardcover books are available in two trim sizes: 5.5" x 8.5" or 6" x 9".
- You will then be prompted to provide an excerpt of a book review or endorsement for the back cover of the dust jacket.
- During book production you will be given the opportunity to proof both the paperback and hardcover editions for their look and feel and suggest changes as appropriate.
- In addition to the paperback copies included in your publishing package, you will receive one free author copy of your hardcover edition.
More info: Hardcover FAQ
Because of higher production costs, the retail price of hardcover books can be as much as $10 more than trade paperbacks. The delivery time for hardcover book orders is about seven days longer than for paperbacks.