Don't just dream about it—take action. If you’re determined to turn your book into a movie or television series, a screenplay is the way to get noticed by Hollywood executives. A screenplay is a fully fleshed out script that television and movie producers can use as a means of evaluating if an adaptation of your book is something they want to produce. With a professionally adapted screenplay, you will let Hollywood know you're serious about breaking into the entertainment business.
Once your Hollywood Screenplay is complete, we will submit your work to our first-look Hollywood partner, Thruline Entertainment, who will review your work as a potential adaptation for film and television. Thruline Entertainment is a Hollywood management and production company whose clients include Academy Award Nominated screenwriters, Emmy Award winners and numerous A-list Hollywood actors.
Should Thruline Entertainment choose not to develop your project, we will determine whether or not it fits thematically with another of our media partners, Paulist Productions. If your project fits their themes, we may submit it to Paulist for review. Paulist Productions was founded over 50 years ago to provide thought provoking entertainment that explores the human condition, and has produced award-winning documentaries, feature films, television, and TV movies addressing themes of inspiration, faith, redemption, forgiveness and humanity.
How it works:
- A screenwriter will complete a screenplay based on your approved Hollywood Treatment.
- Screenplay elements will include character dialogue and detailed action of the story.
- Once your screenplay is prepared, it will be considered for TV or movie adaption first by Thruline Entertainment. Once Thruline has responded to your screenplay, it will be reviewed to see if it would fit with Paulist Productions’ themes.
- If either Thruline or Paulist is interested in working with you, they will contact you directly and explain their plan of action to gauge your interest.
- If after reviewing your screenplay both Thruline and Paulist decide not to engage on your project, your screenplay will be added into our exclusive Hollywood Database where it will be accessible to directors, producers, actors and agents.
- The screenwriter waives all rights to your screenplay, so you maintain full ownership of your story.
Please Note: Hollywood Treatment is a prerequisite for Hollywood Screenplay. Please speak with a marketing consultant if you have not yet purchased our Hollywood Treatment service for your book. Please do not attempt to contact Thruline or Paulist directly or your project will immediately be removed from consideration.
About Thruline Entertainment
Thruline Entertainment is a full-service Hollywood management and production company whose talent and literary roster includes Academy Award nominated screenwriter Annie Mumolo (Bridesmaids), Emmy Award-winner Kirk Ellis (John Adams), Emmy Award-winner Barry Julien (The Colbert Report), Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad), Emmy Award nominee Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emmy Award-winner Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) and multiple Emmy Award-winner Allison Janney (The West Wing.) Their production arm, Tagline Pictures, produces the hit USA Network series Psych. In addition to their wide reach among major studios, agencies and production companies in Hollywood, Thruline has strong international relationships with producers and talent reps where Thruline has optioned numerous books for scripted television and film development across the globe.
About Paulist Productions
Paulist Productions was founded over 50 years ago to provide thought provoking entertainment that explores the human condition, and has produced award-winning documentaries, feature films, television, and TV movies addressing pressing social issues and important moral questions. Paulist has created programming for Paramount, Warner Brothers, CBS, ABC, A&E, the History Channel, Hallmark Hall of Fame, and UPtv, collaborating with industry greats such as Martin Sheen, William Shatner and Tom Fontana. In a time of rapid change and declining options for family viewing, Paulist is dedicated to developing positive programming with meaningful content. For updates, please visit our page on Facebook.
More About | Hollywood Screenplay
To learn more or to order this service, contact your marketing consultant at 1-800-AUTHORS (288-4677).